Qualifications and experience
I hold the following qualifications:
- Advanced Diploma in Integrative Psychotherapy (United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy registration 2018).
- Accredited Counsellor (National Counselling Society, 2016).
- Postgraduate Diploma Narrative Inquiry (University of Bristol, 2012).
- MSc. Management Development and Organisational Change (University of Bristol, 2008).
- Certified Neuro-Linguistic Programming Practitioner (2002).
- MBA - Health Service Executive (University of Keele, 1995).
Prior to training as a psychotherapist I worked for 28 years in healthcare management and leadership in the UK NHS and overseas.
I am an accredited member of the National Counselling Society (NCS) and full clinical member of the United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP).
Continuous Professional Development
A commitment to continuous professional development is a core requirement of my professional registration. Listed below is a sample of key CPD events attended.
- The Heart of things - Understanding the trauma of identity. Viv Broughton; June 2016
- Attachment for Clinicians: The Science and Art of Attachment informed psychotherapy. Jeremy Holmes; April 2017
- Beyond Shame: A systemic perspective on recovering pride and self-worth: Paulo Bertrando; March 2018
- Attachment and Trauma conference: Dan Siegal, Peter Fonagy; June 2019
- Treating out of control sexual behaviour: Pink Therapy; January 2020
- Evolutionary Relationships: Terry Real and Thomas Hübl; April 2020
- Stepping Out: Internal Family Systems Therapy (IFS) training: Derek Scott; April-June 2021